This Benedictine abbey was most probably founded before the year 1000 and it’s first documented in 1176. The municipality of San Ginesio joined it to its territory in 1252. It was completely renovated in the 17th century and this is visible in the façade and in the inner part. On the other hand the charm of the marvelous crypt is unchanged. The monks re-used the materials coming from the nearby Roman town of Urbs Salvia. This is particularly evident in the Ionian capitals and in the little marble columns around the altar. The large use of Roman ruins in the abbey make it appears very precious, refined and sacred.
OPENING TIME: Open on Sundays during mass celebration or upon request..
San Ginesio - Civic Museum "Scipione Gentili", San Ginesio - Colle Ascarano Park, San Ginesio - Visitors Center "Credia WWF", San Ginesio – Hermitage of San Liberato
Flavors and Craft:
San Ginesio DOC, Medievalia - Palio of San Ginesio and Palio of the Pacca
Rolling Hills and Ancient Villages
The hospitality is here
A paradise for good wine lovers
Skills and expertise Taste and tradition
The harmony of a landscape and its suffused sounds
Art and Culture Spirituality and Meditation Rolling Hills and Ancient Villages