The story of Rastelli mill remounts to unmemorable times: a forefather of the Rastelli family, which manages it since five generations, bought it from the City Council in 1852, but the mill’s activity is documented since 1392, when the water already powered the wheels of its hydraulic plants. During the XVIII century the mill increased dramatically its activities, as copper was produced by means of its mallet, which also stimulated artisan production in the nearby towns. the Rastelli mill has therefore been working since the end of the XIV century. Further to the mentioned activities, it never stopped grinding wheat and corn to produce flour used to bake bread, sweets and polentas. The structure is now embodied into a complex consisting of several buildings of different ages, but its east side, where the entrance is, is intact. On top of the front door, on the left, a white limestone inscription, framed with cotto tiles, bears in Roman digits and Gothic style the date of 1392. It has a rectangular plant and develops upon three floors: on the ground floor, in a vaulted space with a pointed arch, the grinding equipment is placed; In the upper floors there are rooms where in the past people lived. The walls are made with squared dry sandstone; more recent are brick sections. Old canals with a drainpipe system, which made water fall through a trapdoor in the millstones room, still exist: that’s where the water flew to make the mill wheel turn. Nowadays, the Rastelli Family built a new mill to improve the quality of milling and two silos, where high quality wheat, farmed by local producers, is stocked, in order to increase the production, always aiming at preserving what under every respect is an art: the miller’s craft.