Fabriano - Church of St.Filippo

Originally built in the years 1646 to 1649 by Michele Buti from Pisa, it was rebuilt following the earthquake of 1741, by the architect Pietro Maria Loni. It is a single nave church with four side chapels, the works of art to note are: at the second altar on the left there is the painting by Giovanni Loreti depicting a Grieving Virgin, the altar piece dated 1742 depicting St. Filippo Neri was painted by Sebastiano Conca (1680-1764). The evocative frescoes in the Sacristy were painted by the artist Giuseppe Malatesta (1650 -1719) from Fabriano.

The Attractions of Fabriano

 Attraction location

Itineraries to visit Fabriano