Cupramontana – Church of S. Giacomo of Romita


The convent of “San Giacomo of Romita” was a Camaldolese Monastic Priorate , called "Romitella of Mandriole", prior to the thirteenth century. The Franciscans took over the Camaldolese monks in 1452 and rebuilt the Church in the early sixteenth century and it was decorated with a glazed terracotta altarpiece by Bottega Robbiana , also attributed to Pier Paolo Agabiti. The Church is located inside the convent of Friars Minor, of the twelfth century, dedicated to Blessed Giovanni Righi who was buried here. The monastery complex is spread over two above ground floors, has a stonework structure and brick elevations. The present Church, rebuilt from 1782 to 1793, has been designed by D. Apollonio Tucchi (1730-1802), a “Camaldolese” monk of the Hermitage of the Caves. Here is preserved the body of the Blessed Giovanni Righi from Fabriano.
For further information:

Cupramontana – Church of S. Giacomo of Romita

Via Romita, 8
Cupramontana (AN)
0731.780199 (Ufficio Turistico) - 0731.781179 0731.786860

Belongs to: Franciscan places
Recommended for: Culture

The Attractions of Cupramontana

 Attraction location

Itineraries to visit Cupramontana