The Monastery was built before the 13th century and established by the Blessed Santuccia Terrabotti from Gubbio who founded the community of St. Peter outside the walls of Cagli. In 1388 the bishop Agostino from Cagli consecrated the new Church of St. Peter, which was in the town centre, and asked the nuns to go to the nearby building, abandoning the previous seat permanently. In 1799, during the French invasion, the monastery was sacked; it flourished again and it was restored in the following decades. It was seriously damaged during the Second World War ; in 1956 the nursery and the novice rooms were renovated. Eighteenth century Baroque decorations adorn the church of St. Peter, such as old paintings and a wooden crucifix, placed in the side chapel to the right. A 17th century wooden choir is placed at the top of the monastery. The monastery also houses valuable old chasubles, gold, silver and silk foils; it offers retreats, conferences and can provide accommodation in single, double and multi-bed rooms. A small kitchen, a dining room and a recently restored guest house, with a large hall are also available.
OPENING TIME: Visits to the monastery are not allowed. The church is open from 9.30 a.m. to 12.00 a.m. and from 4 to 5 p.m.
Cagli - Municipal Theatre, Cagli - The Fortress, Cagli – Ponte Mallio, Cagli- Abbey of Santa Maria Nuova di Naro, Cagli- Abbey of San Pietro di Massa, Cagli - Fosso di Campo d'Aio (Gorge of the Butterflies), Cagli - Ditch Pian dell'Acqua, Cagli - Ditch of Mount Petrano, Cagli – Church of S. Francesco
Flavors and Craft:
Cagli - Giuoco dell'Oca (Game of the Goose), Cagli – Procession of the Dead Christ
A journey into the past
Art and Culture
Hospitality and spirituality for modern pilgrimages
Spirituality and Meditation
A list of companies and cooperatives working according to high quality standards
Skills and expertise Taste and tradition
Precious treasure chests where the show goes on stage
Art and Culture Rolling Hills and Ancient Villages