Verdicchio Castelli di Jesi DOC

The Verdicchio is known as one of Italy’s greatest white wines thanks to its unmistaken character, depth and surprising versatility.
Verdicchio grapes must make up at least 85%, while the remaining 15% may be other authorized white grape varieties. There are seven types: Verdicchio dei Castelli diJesi, Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Spumante, Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Riserva, Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Passito, Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Classico, Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Classico Superiore and Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Riserva. These wines go well with all of the dishes of the Mediterranean culinary tradition, although the best pairing is with fish, crustaceans and molluscs. The production area of these grapes is on the hills in the centre of the province of Ancona and a small part of the area around Macerata. Wines made in the original district, Castelli di Jesi, may use the denomination ‘Classico’ on their label.

The Attractions of Jesi

 Attraction location

Jesi things to Watch

Discover the attraction Jesi - Cathedral of S. Settimio

Jesi - Cathedral of S. Settimio

The Cathedral was built between the XIII and XIV centuries by Giorgio di Como, probably on the foundations  of a Roman temple in the Roman forum area....

Discover the attraction Jesi - Diocesan Museum

Jesi - Diocesan Museum

The Diocesan Museum of Jesi was founded in 1966 in order to collect, preserve and enhance the vestiges of religious art coming from the territory around the...

Discover the attraction Jesi - Palazzo della Signoria

Jesi - Palazzo della Signoria

Palazzo della Signoria of Jesi (AN) is an impressive example of civil architecture built by Francesco di Giorgio Martini, between 1486 and 1498. The...

Discover the attraction Jesi- The Planettiana Library

Jesi- The Planettiana Library

In 1907 Marquis Bernardo Pianetti gave his famous and rich library, whose origins date back to some centuries ago, to the municipality of Jesi. That’s...

Discover the attraction Jesi - Printing Museum

Jesi - Printing Museum

Located in an ancient monastery, the museum traces the history of printing in Jesi since 1472. It houses printing presses and accessories, examples of rare...

Discover the attraction Jesi- Pergolesi Spontini Festival

Jesi- Pergolesi Spontini Festival

The Pergolesi Spontini Festival is named after the two great composers who were born in the Marche: Giovan Battista Pergolesi (Jesi, 4th January 1710 - Pozzuoli...