Pergola DOC


There are three types: Rosso, Novello and Passito. They are made with not less than 70% Aleatico grapes, and the remaining 30% may be other red grape varieties. It weds well with pasta dishes in meat sauce, especially if tacconi pasta is used (a pasta made of bread wheat and flat bean flour). Its fine aroma also makes it ideal as an accompaniment to rabbit and snails wrapped in bacon. The Passito version of this wine is lovely with baked sweets of all sorts. The territory on which it grows surrounds the towns of Pergola, Fratterosa, Frontone, Serra Sant’ Abbondio, S. Lorenzo in Campo, in the province of Pesaro-Urbino.


The Attractions of Pergola

 Attraction location

Pergola things to Watch

Discover the attraction Pergola -The Museum of the Gilts Bronzes

Pergola -The Museum of the Gilts Bronzes

The only set of Ancient Roman gilts bronzes kept in the world. The set represents a family group, two women in mantles and veils and two men in high rank...

Discover the attraction Pergola - Palazzolo Chapel

Pergola - Palazzolo Chapel

The Palazzolo Chapel is located in the Oratory of the Ascension. The capel hosts a series of important frescoes recognized by critics as “one of the...

Discover the attraction Arcevia – Caudino Castle

Arcevia – Caudino Castle

Mentioned for the first time in 1338, Caudino was one of last castles built by Rocca Contrada. It was an important bastion constructed to defend the...

Discover the attraction Parco Museo Minerario delle Miniere di Zolfo delle Marche e dell'Emilia-Romagna

Parco Museo Minerario delle Miniere di Zolfo delle Marche e dell'Emilia-Romagna

Founded in 2005 by the Ministry of Ecological Transition with the Ministry of Culture and the Marche Region, the Park, which also holds the qualification...

Discover the attraction Arcevia - Palazzo Castle

Arcevia - Palazzo Castle

Palazzo is one of the area’s most characteristic castles. It sits at 508 metres on the slopes of Mt. Cadino in the upper valley of the Fenella river....

Discover the attraction Arcevia – S. Pietro Castle

Arcevia – S. Pietro Castle

The little castle of San Pietro sits on a hill at 354 metres not far from Loretello. It was mentioned for the first time when some of its inhabitants...