Esino DOC

To make Esino Rosso the winemaker uses DOC Sangiovese and Montepulciano grapes on their own, or together, for at least 60% of the whole. Other red grapes may make up the remaining 40%. Esino Bianco, on the other hand, is made from Verdicchio grapes (minimum of 50%), with the other 50% being composed of other authorised white grapes. Esino red includes Novello wines, while the whites include sparkling wines. They may be enjoyed throughout the meal because both the red and the white, aside from being novello and sparkling, they pair well with every dish. The production area includes the entire province of Ancona and the province of Macerata, as prescribed by the production regulations of Verdicchio di Matelica and Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi.


The Attractions of Jesi

 Attraction location

Jesi things to Watch

Discover the attraction Jesi - The Ventaglio Park

Jesi - The Ventaglio Park

The Ventaglio park, one of the largest parks in town, rises on the eastern side of a slope on the  Gorgolungo creek. The part overlooking Via 1 Maggio has...

Discover the attraction Monte Roberto – Abbey of St. Apollinare

Monte Roberto – Abbey of St. Apollinare

Most probably it’s the oldest abbey in the Esino valley. It was founded some centuries before the year 1000 because of the migration of monks to the Esino...

Discover the attraction Jesi - Public Gardens

Jesi - Public Gardens

The public gardens or simply called "the Gardens" of Jesi are the main ones in town and they extend on both sides of the Cavallotti avenue. It is a shady area...

Discover the attraction Jesi - Sanctuary of S. Maria delle Grazie

Jesi - Sanctuary of S. Maria delle Grazie

In the year 1456 a votive aedicule where the image of the Vergin Mary was painted was turned into a chapel, in order to thank the Vergin for having liberated...

Discover the attraction Jesi - Civic Art Gallery

Jesi - Civic Art Gallery

The Pinacoteca Civica is the civic art gallery and one of the most important treasures of the town. Housed in the prestigious Palazzo Pianetti, since 1981 it...

Discover the attraction Jesi- Pergolesi Spontini Festival

Jesi- Pergolesi Spontini Festival

The Pergolesi Spontini Festival is named after the two great composers who were born in the Marche: Giovan Battista Pergolesi (Jesi, 4th January 1710 - Pozzuoli...