The court of the Artists: Urbino, San Leo and the real views of Renaissance masterpieces
Welcome to a true open-air museum dedicated to the landscapes painted by the genius of Piero della Francesca and easily recognizable in the valleys that were the ancient domain of Montefeltro.
Follow our itinerary through the views of the Renaissance painter of Sansepolcro, through picturesque paths between the valleys of the Montefeltro rivers surrounded by its rolling hills.
The route that we suggest will be a journey through time, art and nature in the paintings of the great masters of the Renaissance. The itinerary will not bring you inside of a museum, but outdoors, in the landscape that inspired the artists so long ago.
A guided tour of the center of Urbino and its majestic Palazzo Ducale will introduce you to a Renaissance world that was born with the goal of perfection. You will discover the secrets of the Palazzo Ducale, and you will enjoy the masterpieces of the Galleria Nazionale delle Marche which winds through the halls of the palace.
The visit to the Physics Laboratory of the University of Urbino will give you a new perspective on the famous 'studiolo' of Federico II via a three-dimensional projection, the result of years of extensive studies by researchers at the University.
You will then take advantage of another guided tour of the Renaissance views of Urbania and Fermignano that form the background to some masterpieces of Piero della Francesca.
Our guide will also lead you through the mysteries hidden within the walls of the fortress-city of San Leo and escort you to the nearby Renaissance Balconies of San Leo and Val Marecchia.
We also suggest you not to miss the Renaissance views of Sant'Agata Feltria, as well as those of Montecopiolo and its wonderful Eremo.
The package includes:
- 7 nights / 4 people in apartment
- Guided tour of the balconies of the Renaissance views of San Leo and Val Marecchia, San Leo and the Fortress
- Guided tour of the Palazzo Ducale of Urbino
- Guided tour of the balconies of the Renaissance views of Urbania and Fermignano
- Entrance, visit and projection at the Physics Laboratory (Gabinetto di Fisica)
- Free visit to the balconies with Renaissance views of Sant'Agata Feltria
- Free visit to the balconies with Renaissance views of Montecopiolo and the Eremo of Monte Carpegna
Cost per person (min 4 people): 348,00 €